When you got the below error in the sccm client side, SCCM software update is not working on that machine. But however other sccm client agents like Software distribution,Inventory ,etc are working as expected
Software Updates : Colde 80244007 Windows Update ran into a problem
Before going for advanced troubleshooting we can a give try of below Steps::
1. Logon in the server and open Control Panel –System and Security – Configuration Manager (32-bit) (or run%windir%\SysWOW64\CCM\SMSCFGRC.cpl)
2. In “Advanced” tab click “Configure Settings” then click “Discover” then click “Apply”.
3. Reboot server
4. Open Control Panel –System and Security – Configuration Manager (32-bit), select “Components” tab and then repair.
5. Reboot server
6. Wait for the “Run advertised programs” popup then trigger the installations
7. If no advertised programs appear:
8. Open and Administrative Command Prompt.
9. Run “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”
10. Run “sfc/scannow”
11. Reboot Server
12. Open Control Panel –System and Security – Configuration Manager (32-bit)
13. Select Actions tab
14. Initiate Action for:
15. Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle
16. Software Updates Deployment valuation Cycle
17. Software Updates Scan Cycle
If still its not working please check whether Client is contacting correct WSUS server or not we can check in the client registry
If it is pointing to correct WSUS but still not the issue is same , Need to install the Patch in repective WSUS server.
Most of the time, this issue will occur on windows 8 or windows server 2012 operating system .
Please download the patch from the location : KB2734608
Once you download and install this patch in WSUS server. Issue will get auto resolved
If the Error is “Code 80244007 Windows Update ran into a problem”
Please check this “https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2883201”