Error :–RegTask: Failed to get certificate. Error: 0x80004005 In ClientIDManagerStartup.log showing
Need to delete the RSA Key’s from “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys” (need to take the back up of it). Then above error will go
- First stop the ccmexec service or SMSAgentHost service on the machine.
- Goto the location \c$\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys(Hidden Folder)
- Check for this system file starting with 19c5cf9c7b5dc9de3e548adb70398402_36b8284c-fb19-4e8d-8b06-03433f195f77 (it may be different for different machine but it starts with 19 only)
- Delete the file and restart the SMSAgenHost service again.
- Now check ClientIDManagerStartup.log
- Issue should be resolved.