In two ways we can compare the new features
1. Site Level or Administration or Hierarchy level
2. New added features in support side.
Site Level Changes :
- SCCM 2012 Introduced Top level hierarchy called CAS (Central Administration Site ). When we installing the SCCM 2012, We have a separate wizard called CAS exist. Which we don’t have a wizard in SCCM 2007. We used to assume that First installation site will be Central Site. we cont assign clients to CAS, we cont enable all rolls in CAS
- SCCM 2012 supports only side by side Migration
- SCCM 2012 supports only horizontal hierarchy level. It wont support unlike SCCM 2007 supports primary can contains child primary sites.
- In SCCM 2012 to speed up the replication process in secondary site we need to install SQL server or else it automatically installs SQL Server Express
- Few rolls are introduces newly and some or merged with existing roles Like SLP role merged with MP and PXE role merged with DP.we will go in detail after few posts